Saturday, March 21, 2009

More cupcakes!

About a month ago my friend Mary and I went to this cupcake bakery, Cupcake A La Mode, in Kansas City but it was randomly not making cupcakes that day because it was preparing for the next day (Valentine's Day.) So today while wasting time before our dinner plans my parents and I stopped by and got some cupcakes! They were a little overpriced but we really enjoyed them. We got one that was chocolate with some fudge and peanut butter icing and a Kiss on top and another chocolate one that had strawberry buttercream (I think) icing and a fresh strawberry with chocolate drizzled on top. SO good. The picture above is the peanut butter one called Peanut Butter Kiss.

As always, I was inspired to make my own. So tonight I made some chocolate with buttercream icing (my first time using it, not a big fan actually...) and rainbow sprinkles (always a hit!) My cousin Brad and brother Cory enjoyed them so I consider them a success!

No comments: