Thursday, July 15, 2010

Traveling.

I remember a couple months ago I was talking to a friend, and was all “woe is me” because this is the first summer that I don’t have a legit “summer break” because I’m an “adult” now. The friend kind of scolded me and said, “Abby, snap out of it. You have all sorts of amazing things going on this summer.” Looking back now, I feel guilty for complaining because man, I’ve had the summer of a lifetime.

1. In May, I went to Charleston, SC to see my best friend graduate from Navy Power School. So cool.

2. In June, I went to Silverthorne, CO with my family. We stayed in a beautiful home, surrounded by beautiful mountains and really enjoyed each other’s company.

3. In July (aka I’m on a flight now), I went to Portland, OR. Some of my best friends from Kansas City are from Portland and were going home to visit family and invited me to join. Portland is beautiful, and eccentric, and I had such a great time seeing where my friends grew up and meeting all of their family.

4. In July (aka I’m still on my flight, going from one trip to the next), I am going to Odessa, TX with my mom, aunts, and cousins to have a girl’s weekend at one of my aunt’s house. She has a pool, so I plan on doing a lot of laying out, on top of playing games and eating food. Sounds like the perfect weekend, right?

Anyway, I love traveling. I have been incredibly blessed (I keep using that word, because I know I am SO fortunate to be able to do this) to see the things I’ve seen this summer (and in my entire life.) Wow…

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Your are blessed! and you are God's little blessing to the family.

Jessie said...

And then there was that one time you went to France with your super friend Jessie...oh wait, that's yet to come!