Friday, August 9, 2013

Try-It (or don't...) Tuesday: Easy Chicken Curry.

(I normally think "keep calm..." posters are dumb... but I liked this one. A lot.)

A few weeks ago I met my parents for lunch at this little bakery in north Kansas City called Le Monde. I don't go there for the baked goods (although their pastries are pretty tasty...), I go there for a soup. It's a chicken curry soup and it's a-ma-zing. I had had a rough week at work and I thought the perfect remedy would be two of my favorite things: my parents... and this soup. I was right. I left lunch completely filled up in all of the right ways. 

(Le Monde... I love this place.)

(Maybe the best soup I've ever had in my life. That's not a dramatic statement at all... Seriously though.)

Since eating that I'm still craving curry. I love me some curry. As you know, I made curried chickpeas earlier in the week. P.S. I know I had a whole blog post dedicated to the curried chickpeas, but I've gotta be honest... they weren't good. I threw the leftovers away. So after the curried chickpea incident my craving for curry was not satisfied and I was on the hunt. I was looking to make something quickly the other night so I searched "easy chicken curry recipe" on Pinterest and found a recipe...

I made this recipe for Easy Chicken Curry. Y'all... it wasn't good. Strike out number two! Maybe I did something wrong because my end result looked different than their picture and normally I'm pretty spot on... but maybe not. Then I got to thinking... Why am I looking for another curry recipe? I already have a few curry recipes that I like. I have this bad tendency of thinking that even though I've found something great (as far as recipes go), there may be something out there that is a little bit better than what I've found. I'm calling it quits for better curry recipes. At least for now... Before I stop liking curry because I've forced so many bad recipes on my self, I'm going to stick with the staples below.

Chicken Curry In A Hurry. So good... and it's not lying when it says "in a hurry." It's quick and tasty.

Mulligatawny. You can make Pioneer Woman's version (which I've never actually made before but should...) or my friend Jessie's/my version that was based off of PW's version.

Le Monde's Chicken Curry Soup. They are so small they don't even have a website. But if you're a Kansas Cityan, you should go. Like now. 

Keep calm and curry on! (Ok, yeah, that's cheesy. I take it back.)

No comments: