Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Try-It Tuesday Catch Up

Try-It Tuesday… Remember when I used to do that? Try new recipes then write about it? Those were the days… I’ve tried quite a few over the last year. Here are some highlights… I’ll give you some “bests” in categories to keep it concise. (Now these are just “bests” of late – not all time bests… Just feel like I need to clarify.)

Best Bar
-Texas Sheet Cake Brownies - Josh had the brilliant idea of microwaving these for “13 seconds” and it turned them into something good to something AMAZING.

Best Slow Cooker Recipe
-Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos - I feel like this is kind of misleading because not all of this was in the crock pot – just the chicken – then you take the chicken to make it into a taquito. But it was still delicious!

Best Healthy Recipe
-Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Vegetables and Chicken - I have learned that I do NOT like cutting butternut squash… but I LOVE eating butternut squash. (Yes, this has butternut squash in it... and it's worth it!) This has a dressing you can make on the side – but in my opinion, it’s not needed. The veggies and chicken have enough flavor that there’s not need to add the extra calories.

Best Cake
-Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake - Don’t judge – this is the title given to it by the blogger, not me… And while it may not be true, it’s still dang good.

Best Pie
-Easy Brownie Pie - I’m not always a huge fan of fruit pies – so this was a good alternative to that!

Best Chicken Recipe
-Chicken Massaman Curry - We are big fans of Thai food – and massaman curry is one of my favorites. This is a great recipe to make it at home. Massaman curry can be difficult to find so I’d recommend planning ahead and ordering it on Amazon. Don’t you just love Amazon Prime?

Best Cookie Recipe
-Soft and Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies - It’s tradition for me to make white chocolate cranberry cookies for Thanksgiving… This year I tried a different recipe than normal and it was GOOD.

More recipes to come, I'm sure!

No comments: