Friday, November 12, 2010

Bank holidays.

Sorry I've been a slacker at blogging lately. Life is different now that I'm working full time. I'm more possessive of my free time, for sure. So this week, instead of giving me free time to blogging... I gave it to other things like laying in bed watching movies, and having Chick-fil-A with friends, and watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice with the girls. One thing I realized this week though...

I love bank holidays! Technically, although there's no drive through window with tellers (P.S. To this day, I'm still afraid of going through the drive through at my banks, I opt for the ATM every time), J.P. Morgan, where I work, is a investment bank of sorts. So I got yesterday, Veteran's Day, a Thursday, off from work! It was great! It pays working for bank! I loved it. Granted, it did feel weird to go back to work today because yesterday felt like the weekend, but I'm not complaining.

Yesterday was a wonderful day: I went and visited my favorite coffee shop in town, Latte Land, where my friend Corrie works. I had a perfectly toasted everything bagel and a delicious caramel vanilla latte (shh, don't tell anyone, but Corrie gave it to me for free!) Then I went to lunch with my friend Shannon and had Mexican. Fact: I love chips and salsa. Then I had a surprise teeth cleaning. My lovely mom cleans my teeth so it's about as ideal of a situation as it can be. She cleans teeth like an angel. Then I went and baked some TASTY cookies with my friend Jessie. Headed home and cooked some yummy soup for my family. Sang at church in the evening... it's been too long since I've sang. And I finished the evening watching Private Practice with Jessie and Corrie. Talk about a perfect day.

Bank holidays rock! I'll take a random Thursday off any week!

No comments: