(I don't know why this picture feels summery to me, but it does.)
Summer feels really near. School is wrapping up, Memorial Day is this weekend, pools are opening… You can almost smell the scent of sunscreen and bug spray in the air. I always feel like summer is a time of opportunity… Opportunity to stay up late, and go on road trips, and talk late into the night on someone’s deck (hopefully mine…), and play games outside… And that gets me excited. So what did I do? (Say it with me now…) I wrote a list! Lists are my way of being intentional. A way for me to put things in writing so I can come back and visit it whenever I need to. So here it is folks… my summer bucket list. I invite you to join me in any or all of these things.
2. Play sand volleyball.
3. Make homemade ice cream at least once.
4. Perfect pies - I have this idea to make a pie a week so I can get really good by the end of the summer… we’ll see if that happens…
5. Go cliff jumping.
6. Play capture the flag.
7.Go to the lake.
8. Have a party on my deck.
9. Go mini golfing.
10. Fly a kite.
12. Learn to play at least one song on the guitar.
13. Read a book… entirely in my hammock.
14.Babysit for my friends.
15. Jump off a diving board.
16. Go on lots and lots of walks.
17. Sleep a night in my hammock.
18. Go somewhere pretty at dusk and take cool pictures.
I'm leaving spots 19 and 20 open for suggestions... So leave a comment if you've got some!
Also, you should watch the above video and like it. 1. Because it's about summer. 2. Kid President is awesome. 3. It helps kids who need food.