Wednesday, July 16, 2014
It's 12:45am and for some reason I can't sleep. I woke up at 6:15, had a busy day at work, played sand volleyball, went to the grocery store, watched some Netflix... And I'm still not tired. Since I am not actually able to dream in my sleep right now, I thought I'd tell you a few things I've been dreaming about lately.
how tos out there - I just need to sit down and try it!
this house? It's only a 9 minute drive away from where I currently am standing (ok, I'm actually laying down on my bed hoping the sound of my own typing will lull me to sleep.)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons.
Alright... that's enough dreaming for now. I best get to bed.
Saturday, July 5, 2014
(Hardly any fireworks left... but people were stilling coming at 8:00pm last night.)
Today is July 5th which means I officially survived the 4th of July season. My church helped run a fireworks stand to raise money for the building we are trying to buy and I have spent many hours out in the tent the last week and a half. I don't have a whole lot to say currently since my life bas been a bit consumed with sparklers and bottle rockets as of late. So I thought I'd give you a little update on my summer bucket list.
3. Make homemade ice cream at least once.
4. Perfect pies - I have this idea to make a pie a week so I can get really good by the end of the summer… we’ll see if that happens… I've made two pies and a batch of hand pies. I for sure haven't made one a week and I definitely haven't perfected pies.
(Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Hand Pies... not bad.)5. Go cliff jumping.
6. Play capture the flag.
7. Go to the lake.
8. Have a party on my deck.
9. Go mini golfing.
10. Fly a kite.
12. Learn to play at least one song on the guitar.
(Currently reading The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller.)14.
15. Jump off a diving board.
(Cody, Kei, Bailey and I on a walk. I love these people.)
17. Sleep a night in my hammock.
18. Go somewhere pretty at dusk and take cool pictures.
19. Go visit Valeria and Jonathan at their new house. This one was one of the add on items and I'm determined to make it happen.
(The beautiful bridge in the middle of commercialism.)
Hope you all had a great 4th of July!