Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Can't sleep so I'm dreaming...


It's 12:45am and for some reason I can't sleep. I woke up at 6:15, had a busy day at work,  played sand volleyball, went to the grocery store, watched some Netflix... And I'm still not tired. Since I am not actually able to dream in my sleep right now, I thought I'd tell you a few things I've been dreaming about lately.

Becoming an expert calligrapher. There are quite a few how tos out there - I just need to sit down and try it!

Traveling the world. I've had some friends do some traveling outside the country, and I'll be honest... I'm jealous. (I don't let myself look at the travel page on Pinterest because it just takes me to envious places I don't need to be.) But I've been dreaming about traveling or having a job that allows me a little bit of travel. Maybe someday...

Planning a wedding. No... not my own. (I'll start thinking about that when/if there's a man in my life... But not yet.) My brother Cory and his now fiancé Erica just got engaged - it's been fun talking to them about their ideas for their wedding.

Buying a house. Another thing that I'm no where close to. But a girl can dream... Like how about this house? It's only a 9 minute drive away from where I currently am standing (ok, I'm actually laying down on my bed hoping the sound of my own typing will lull me to sleep.)

Skipping to the fall. This week we had a "cold front" come through which brought us to the 70s. The weather has been perfect. Not that I want to skip ahead in life - but I've been dreaming of October and  November when the weather consistently is like this, the leaves start to change, pumpkin spice lattes are back... Oh how I love the fall.

Staying home and trying out recipes all day. I'm sure this would get old real quick... but the idea seems pretty fun to me right now. I would probably start with this recipe for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons.

Alright... that's enough dreaming for now. I best get to bed.

2 comments:

Valeria said...

Have you been in my head lately, because we're having a lot of the same dreams ;) Traveling, fall and, oddly enough, pretty handwriting are all on the list for me too. And staying home to make lots of flavors of ice cream. Let's live out our dreams together sometime ;)

Laura Jane said...

Abby, this is beautiful! I love all these dreams. Make them happen, girly.

And that HOUSE. AUUUGH! That house is perfect. That porch is perfect.