Sunday, December 28, 2014

Merry Christmas! (a little late)

(My parents' house all decked out!)

Tonight I was talking with my friend about how today it officially feels like Christmas is over. He told him it's been over for days but I'm lucky enough to have a whole week of celebrating and today felt like the end of it.

My family is a family of tradition - we love our traditions. Some might not like traditions because they think they can easily get you stuck in a rut. I love traditions because they make you intentional - and I like that. A few Christmas traditions that my family has are going to see the Kansas City Symphony play at Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, going out to dinner as a family courtesy of my brother Joel, eating the same menu for breakfast every Christmas morning (including sparkling grape juice), timing how long it takes for all of us to open our presents (I think it's normally around 2 hours but never heard the final time from my uncle Dave. I think we were quicker this year), going bowling as an extended family... the list goes on....

I'm thankful for a week of traditions and a family to celebrate with. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too! (Here are a few pictures from my week.)

 (This year's family dinner was at Pierponts in Union Station.)

(Union Station. I love this place.)

(All decked out...) 

 (Kansas City Symphony... it may have been illegal that I took this pic. Oh well...)

(One of my favorite sights on Christmas Eve is too look down over our living room 
all decked out with decorations and gifts. I don't know why... But I love it.)

1 comment:

Momma said...

I love all those traditions too! I also love that you took time out to spend a few days at home! It was great to have solid "Abby time"!