Saturday, January 2, 2016

Try-It Saturday: Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


My mom makes the best chicken noodle soup. My opinion may be a little biased because I grew up on the stuff, but I think it's pretty good. The only problem is, she doesn't really have a recipe for it so it's hard for me to make on my own. "Put in some chicken bouillon until it is the right shade of yellow..." That's a problem for a baker like me - we like exact instructions. So I've pretty much given up on trying to recreate my mom's chicken noodle soup. But occasionally I try other recipes, recipes with clear measurements and instructions, to satisfy my chicken noodle soup cravings until I can have my mom's.

Tonight was one of those nights. A crazy Saturday night as a 28-year-old - doing laundry, watching Cinderella, and trying out a new chicken noodle soup recipe. Lightened-Up Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. It indeed was not my mom's, but it was still pretty dang good. Lots of flavor and I really liked the creaminess! If you don't have the pleasure of trying out my mom's - I'd say this is a good second place recipe for you to try out on your own.

Hope you enjoy!

Lightened-Up Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

No comments: