Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cutting vegetables.


We have a food day at work tomorrow. Normally I would use a food day to try out some new, over the top dessert recipe that I've been wanting to bake like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies or Salted Caramel Cheesecake or something else with a lot of adjectives/ingredients in the name.

This time... I signed up to bring vegetables and hummus.

Vegetables and hummus?! My life is changing and I don't really know how I feel about it. The truth is I miss baking. I miss eating cookie dough. I miss licking the excess frosting straight from the beater. I miss it all. Why am I not baking, you ask? It's because I have a hard time handling it. I've been trying to change the way I eat and I have a really hard time with self control when there is a Snickerdoodle Cupcake staring me in the face. And since I've been working out more, the time that I would normally spend in the kitchen has been re-prioritized to time running on the trail. I'm changing...

Confession: when I wasn't living a very lifestyle I hated hearing about other people's healthy lifestyles. So I'm not saying this to say, "Check me out - I'm healthy!" (Because I still have a looong way to go.) And I'm really sorry if you hate me right now. What I am saying is that I have lost the balance. I miss baking. I love baking. And I need to find some time (and some self control) to do it again.

So tonight, as I found myself staying up late peeling carrots and cutting bell peppers when I truly wanted to be staying up late creaming butter and piping frosting, I decided I need to start baking again. So that's what I intend to do!

That is all.

(Notice, my Kitchenaid living in the shadow of my vegetables...)

No comments: