Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Denver: Week 2

(Washington Park. Maybe one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken.)

I had even better intentions for week two in Denver. I was the only one going from KC so I thought, "No dinner plans, I'll have my evenings to myself... this'll be great." Welp, this girl got an impromptu dinner invite with the big wigs on Monday - so of course I'm not going to turn that down. Then, my beloved Royals played in the World Series on Tuesday and Wednesday night, so those evenings were shot. Then I left midday Thursday because I had already had Friday scheduled off... And there was my week.

I really wanted to go see the mountains a little closer but that just didn't happen. I had asked my brother Joel for suggestions of places to go and he suggested Washington Park. "It's halfway between Loose Park and Central Park." With a description like that, how can you go wrong? Joel knows what he's talking about when it comes to stuff like this... (And many other things.)

It. was. beautiful. I went on Tuesday and loved it so much that I went back on Wednesday. One of the prettier parks I've seen and I hit it at just the right time of day. All along I kept thinking about how thankful I am for parks. A park is something that really isn't necessary in the world. But people took time to create it to celebrate the outdoors, and activity, and beauty... And I just like that. 

Hooray for parks! Hooray, especially, for Washington Park. It made my second week in Denver.

(I love me some benches...) 

(Told you...) 





 (Not sure what lawn bowling is - but I think I want to be a part of it.)

(P.S. Turns out I'm only going to Denver these two weeks instead of four until the beginning of next year. But no worries, I'll try to find some time to blog and get back at it.)

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Fun pictures!

Dana said...

Those pictures are AWESOME! Did you take them with your phone?