Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas is coming!


Man, a lot has happened in the last month since I wrote my "joy not found in our circumstances" post. God has really made me practice what I preached... Can't say I've been rock solid through the last month... not even close. But I sure am glad I've got Jesus. That's all I can say...

On a lighter note, the wonderful holiday that is Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are now in the Christmas season and I've been loving it. Here are a few things I've been loving lately:

Yes, I know, everyone loves their Christmas tree... but I really love my Christmas tree. Any excuse to have white lights on all the time is a good thing in my eyes.

Speaking of Christmas lights - I put some out on our porch this weekend. Normally I'm all about the classy white but I decided to get crazy and went with colored. Whaaaat? Watch out Mansions Apartments - we're festive.

I made the mistake of trying Talenti gelato about a month ago and I'm really regretting it... It's dangerous. 1. It's expensive. 2. It's delicious. 3. It comes in tiny containers so you feel like you can eat the whole thing when you truly shouldn't. 4. I bought the Old World Eggnog variety this time - and I'm a fan.

People at work call me a hipster. Clearly they've never been to Austin or anywhere remotely hipster-ish but I'm not very hipster. I do love me some Sufjan Stevens though (I'm not even sure he's hipster anymore - if I was hipster, I would know.) His Christmas album(s) is one of my favorites.

I get to wrap gifts! I've wrapped every gift I've purchased so far and I'm eagerly waiting for the rest of them to come in the mail. I asked Josh tonight, "Do you have any gifts I can wrap for you?" Yep, I'm that great... :)

Most importantly, it's advent season. A lot of you may not know much about advent, but it's not just one of those calendars where you get to eat a piece of chocolate every day leading up to Christmas. It's actually a time to focus and prepare your hearts for the coming of Christ. I got to help with the advent service my church put on a few weeks ago and it was quite possibly one of the coolest things I've been a part of. Advent. Christ coming to the earth to live, die, and be resurrected for our sins. Now that's something to get excited about...

No comments: