Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Try-It Soupday: Lasagna Soup.

(Their picture.)

I didn't try a new recipe last week, but I did indeed make soup. I made my favorite Mulligatawny recipe for a food day at work and it was a hit. Just thought I would start off with an excuse of why I was a slacker last week...

As for this week, I'm back! I'm staying with my parent's this week because there are seventeen girls staying at my 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, no finished basement house. I thought I'd give them a little room and stay with the folks. What this means is that I got to cook for people! I love cooking for people. Cooking for myself... just ok. Cooking for people... great. Cooking for people I love and love me... even greater.

I chose tonight's recipe with my brother Cory in mind. He's a bit pickier than some. I also picked it with my dad in mind... he likes his meat. I made Lasagna Soup. It had no vegetables. (You're welcome, Corky.) It had beef, which I haven't cooked with since I moved out. (You're welcome, Daddy.) It had pasta, spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, and all sorts of seasonings... The family really liked it. Cory even liked it (a success in my book.) I... only sort of liked it. It was a bit heavy for me. But my dad said, "This is a recipe that you bust out when you have a lot of people over. They'll all be raving about it." (Or something like that.) It was a 3 to 1 vote that it was a keeper. So, don't take my word for it... take the words of Norma, Ladell, and Cory. It's a do-over in their hearts.

Lasagna Soup

No comments: