Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Days. (for some)

(The view from my window at work.)

I don't know if you know this... but we've been getting a lot of snow. Two weeks ago I was talking to a friend at church and I said, "I'm just so ready for spring." And his response was, "Yeah, but I would like one more really good, get stuck at home, snow day." I don't know if he had already seen the weather forecast or if he's a prophet, because that's exactly what we've been getting.

Last Thursday morning it started, and just wouldn't stop. Everyone declared snow days, and offices closed, and highways closed, and hospitals closed... but not JPMorgan. We've gotta help our people with their 401(k)s. (I hope you sense my sarcasm.) So we stayed open. And just so they could make sure we would show up to work instead of call in, they paid for us all to stay in a hotel for two nights - all of our meals and expenses paid. The weekend came, the weather got better, and we all thought we were in the clear. And then it happened again yesterday. The snow is back.

So here I am. Just hanging out at the Overland Park Sheraton. Doing my thing. This is my 4th night here in the last week. Craziness... Did I mention I'm ready for spring?

While I am ready for it to be gone, you can't deny the beauty of this snow... Here are a few pictures I've taken over the last couple of days.

 (The drive from Kansas City to Wichita.)

(The walk in to work.)

3 comments:

Valeria said...

Beautiful pictures! Way to hang in there ;)

Aunt Georgie said...

You are so important at JPMorgan! Enjoy your trip to Austin.

Jessie said...

Guess you'll get some spring here!