Friday, December 27, 2013

Pinterest Finds (but be careful…)


Confession: I spend too much time on Pinterest. I think it's because it's an easy way to satisfy the creative side of my brain. I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, or any other site for that matter, but if  I am on the internet, it's probably going to be on Pinterest.

Now, Pinterest can be dangerous. It can make you want things that you don't need. It can make you feel inadequate. It can make you discontent with real life because it isn't Pinteresty enough. That's dangerous. Go on Pinterest with caution. I'm being serious. You are great - whether you planned the perfect first birthday for your daughter or not, whether you tied your scarf the fancy new way or not, whether you decorated your mantle for the holiday or not, whether you bought the new, trendy vest or not,  whether you travel to a place that looks like Narnia or not, whether you bake the Paleo diet cookies or not… You are great. Don't let Pinterest put unnecessary pressure on yourself or take you to a place you don't need to be. It's dangerous. Be careful.

(Stepping off soapbox… now.) With that said, I still really like it. So I decided to look through some of the things that I have pinned this year and give you my top 10 favorites - in no particular order. (View them with caution… I'm serious.)

Oxford inspiration.  I have two pairs of shoes like these, but sometimes get scared to wear them. Pictures like these give me inspiration.

Pom poms. This pom pom tutorial changed my crafting life. It's easy and cheap and cute.

One Pot Wonder - Thai Style Peanut Pasta. I blogged about this a while ago but I loved it. I need to make it again soon.

Kite Cake Toppers. I haven't decorated a cake like this yet, but I'm really looking forward to the day that I have a reason to.

Garlands. This year was a year of garlands for me. I made one like this for the mantle at my old place and I kind of loved it.

This quilt. I still need to finish this… but I love the design and just need to make it happen.

Almond Poppyseed Bread. Some of the best stuff ever.

Outfit inspiration. Sometimes I don't know what to wear… so I look to Pinterest to give me new ideas.

Porch Rules. This is on my list of things to do. I really want to make these… it was perfect for my old screened in porch.

Spicy Hawaii Chicken Burgers. One of my favorite recipes of the year.

1 comment:

Georgie Ellis said...

And because of your interest in Pinterest, you are a go-to person for all sorts of creative things! Keep it up -- for us!