Friday, December 27, 2013

Ugly Sweater - for real.


I was talking with some of my family last night about how I really like to blog but I don't have a lot to blog about. Life is kind of standard lately - which is ok, but nothing exciting and interesting going on for me to tell you about.

So I decided to tell you about a little story that happened at work the other. It was last Friday, and the following Monday we were going to have an ugly sweater contest at work. I wore this new cardigan I got from Forever 21 that has a more graphic design. (I've come a long way from the girl who used to only wear solid colored t-shirts, I must say.) So I was rocking this cardigan when this guy on my team at work comes up to me and says, "Hey, I like your ugly sweater. You getting ready for Monday?" Uh… "Well, no, this is like my for real sweater." "Right! Like a for real ugly sweater." "No… Like I'm wearing this because I like the way it - whatever. What do you want?"

I thought it was funny so I told a few people - one of them being a manager who is two levels above me. She ran in to the guy later and told him that she saw me crying in the bathroom because he said my sweater was ugly (this was false - but she wanted to make him feel guilty.) He came up to me later and said, "Hey Abby… you know I was joking about your sweater. I know it's for real. You know I think you're a hipster and like your style…" "Mmmhmm, thanks." "Really… you're like a trendsetter. Like Madonna. Or Prince." "They have horrible style!" "You know what I mean! Like Lady Gaga!" "Just stop."

Oh well… I like the cardigan. :) And it made for a good story with lots of laughs...

1 comment:

Valeria said...

Bahaha!! I love knowing the full story behind that cardigan comment:) I still love the cardigan...and it's nothing like Prince, or Madonna, or Gaga, or whoever else he thinks he's comparing you to.