Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Bucket List Update #2.


It's August 17th. Even though there is still a month of summer left, it feels like summer is winding down because school has started. My summer bucket list is getting closer and closer to being complete... So I thought I'd give you another update.

1. Ride bikes.
2. Play sand volleyball. 
3. Make homemade ice cream at least once. My good friend Mary was in town and she was a good sport and went along with my crazy summer bucket list ideas. We made homemade ice cream! Reese's peanut butter... mmm...
4. Perfect pies. Still a work in progress...  
5. Go cliff jumping.
6. Play capture the flag.
7. Go to the lake. I haven't made it to the Lake of the Ozarks, which is actually what I was thinking of when I wrote this list originally. BUT, I did make it to Blue Springs Lake one afternoon and I was actually pleasantly surprised with how great this little lake was. 
8. Have a party on my deck.
9. Go mini golfing. I have actually mini-golfed a couple of times this summer. Here I am with my parents... This was a really fun night.
10. Fly a kite. Along with making homemade ice cream, Mary and I flew a kite. No lie - this is one of the best times I've ever had. If you haven't flown a kite in a while, I'd recommend that you do. They are $8 at Target - it'll be the best $8 you spend in a long time. I promise. 
11. Stargaze.
12. Learn to play at least one song on the guitar.
13. Read a book… entirely in my hammock. Still a work in progress...
14. Babysit for my friends.
15. Jump off a diving board. I don't have a picture of this (thank goodness...), but we had a ladies retreat with my church a few weeks ago at a retreat center... that had a pool... that had a diving board... and I jumped off it quite a few times. Pretty great. 
16. Go on lots and lots of walks.
17. Sleep a night in my hammock. 
18. Go somewhere pretty at dusk and take cool pictures. So I didn't intentionally go somewhere to take this picture, but it's at dusk, and I think it looks cool. So I say we can cross it off the list.
19. Go visit Valeria and Jonathan at their new house.
20. Go check out this pretty bridge in Independence.

There are still quite a few things I need to cross off this list. The items that are top priority over the next month are:
-Play capture the flag.
-Have a party on my deck. (The planning for this is in the works, thanks to my new roommate Becky)
-Stargaze.
-Go visit Valeria and Jonathan at their new house.

One month left. Let's do this!

1 comment:

Georgie Ellis said...

Too bad you didn't stargaze while Cindy was with you in Colorado. She's a star expert.