Sunday, August 31, 2014

This and That.


My family has a blog. I don't post on it much (or ever...) because I have a blog here, but I love reading it and keeping up on the happenings of the family, especially those who live out of town. The other day my cousin Dana wrote a post called "This and That" that inspired me. So I thought I'd write my own "This and That" post. Thanks for letting me be a copycat, Dane!

1. I made salted caramel chocolate chip cookies bars for a lunch that I had with my aunts, mom, and cousins yesterday. This recipe never ceases to fail me when I can't decide what to bring. (The picture above is of the flower arrangements my aunts Mary and Janet put on the table - they are quite the hostesses.)

2. I joined 24 Hour Fitness a couple of weeks ago. Never in my life would I have ever thought I would join a gym. But a friend of mine who I walk with belongs there and said that she really enjoys their classes. So far I've taken Body Pump (weight lifting) and spinning. I've actually really enjoyed it and it's been great to have a friend to do it with. I'm pretty excited about this new phase of healthiness in my life.

3. I turned 27 a few weeks ago. 27. I'm officially in my late 20s. I know that's not old... but it feels like it a tiny bit.

4. My area of JPMorgan, Retirement Plan Services (aka the 401(k) people) was bought out by another company. So as of Tuesday, I will be working for Great West Financial.

5. I saw the movie Begin Again yesterday and think I'm going to add it to my list of favorite movies. Warning: it's rated R because they use a lot of that gosh darn f-word. But if you can get past that, it's a really good movie.

6. Tomorrow is September. Can you believe that? I'm so ready for fall.

7. It's been over a month now, but I got a second roommate named Becky. She is a friend of mine from church. I like her a lot and think she's a great addition to our home.

8. I really like the new Taylor Swift song. Like way more than I should...

I've started talking about Taylor Swift. I think that means that that's enough for now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! I've been waiting for an abby post :) love hearing about your life. Miss you friend!!

Laura Jane said...

How cool is it that your family has a blog!? That's awesome.

I love these little catch-up posts. Not every post has to be a long essay on the MEANING OF LIFE AND EVERYTHING!