Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Beauty on a rainy day.

 (Beauty on a rainy day.)

It rained today. It hasn't rained in a while so you would have thought I would have been ok with it. 1. We needed it. 2. It is supposed to bring in a cool front (I love cool fronts in the summer!) 3. It is only supposed to last one day.

But alas, I was grumpy, as I am grumpy on most rainy days. No excuses. I shouldn't have been grumpy. But I was. I remember one time reading a book that basically said in a much more eloquent way, "You've got control over your emotions. Stop acting like you are stuck in a bad mood - you can change that." But I chose to stay in a bad mood pretty much all day. No excuses. I shouldn't have. But I did. (Except for about 1 hour when the sun came out, miraculously my bad attitude went away. Yes, I'm ridiculous.)

One of the things that I do when I'm grumpy is drive. I decided to drive out to my favorite spot, as I often do, even though it was raining. Driving is good thinking, praying, singing... time. So that's what I did. Thought, prayed, and sang... And I was doing that, I came across a new, and equally as beautiful, view on my drive.

All I've got to say is that I'm thankful that God reveals his beauty to me even when I'm grumpy for no good reason. I don't deserve a God like him... but I'm thankful he sticks with me.

(The normal view... I still love it.)

No comments: