Sunday, January 23, 2011

Etsy.

I love Etsy. If you don't know what it is or have never been there... you're missing out. (I won't be offended if you stop reading my blog and go there right now. Here's the link.) It's a website that is basically equivalent to a marketplace where artists can sell their work. I recently have been looking for a calendar to put in my cubicle. I've never really needed a calendar before, but you'd be surprised how many times I have to look at a calendar and say, "You requested this loan on January 17. We quote 7 to 10 business days for you to receive the check. *look at calendar* That makes today day 5..." (You'd be amazed how grown adults lose their patience while waiting for money.)

Anyway, I thought it be nice to make the business day queries a little bit more enjoyable by buying a cute calendar. So I've been looking all over Etsy for quite a long time to find the perfect one. One that was cute, fun, simple, and reasonably inexpensive... and I found one. It was by this artist on Etsy named Fresh Pulled Paint. I got it in the mail today... and apparently I was his first customer on Etsy! So he wrote me a note... Too cute. I loved the note and I loved the calendar. And I figured I'd give Fresh Pulled Paint a little plug because he kind of made my day! (Also, here's a link to his flickr page that he wrote me about.)

4 comments:

Robbie Louth said...

this is the coolest calendar ever. and SOOO you.

Valeria said...

love it. and the personalized note makes it that much better. etsy might be one of the top 5 greatest things to come from the internet. ha.

Jeff said...

ah! i just bought my first thing from etsy yesterday....
i guess you have to wait & see what it is...

Jessie said...

That's a fun calendar and hooray for you for being a first sale.