Monday, January 24, 2011

Target.

I love Target. I don't really know why... but I do. I'm not going to lie that there have been times where I'm just having a flat out bad day and I think to myself, "I'll go to Target. That'll make me feel better." Pathetic... but true. Tonight I went to Target, but not to cheer myself up because I had a good day at work and a nice dinner at Panda Express (I love Panda...) with Dad and Cory. I just went because I was in the mood...

The thing about Target is that you walk in with the intention of buying something and then walk out with four other things you didn't plan on buying. (I feel like I'm ripping this post off of my friend Jeff who recently posted about a similar thing here. Copycatting is the best form of flattery, right? At least that's why my mom always told me...) Anyway, tonight I went into Target without any necessary purchases which is extra dangerous. I resisted a few purchases like: three different pairs of flats that I thought I needed, a shade of OPI nail polish that I also thought I needed but likely already own, and a copy of the most recent InStyle which I will probably be receiving in the mail soon because my awesome cousin Anthony gave me a subscription for Christmas. While I was proud of myself for turning all of those things down, I did leave with quite a few guilty pleasure purchases. Which is ultimately why I love and hate Target. It surprises me with lovely things that I just have to have but it also surprises my bank account with yet another Target purchase.

Here's what I bought tonight:
1. A mustard cardigan (I found one! Which is crucial for this so I'm psyched!)
2. Two fashion magazines (but I put back the third, so props to me, right?)
3. A candle that happens to be in a cute tin that matches my room perfectly AND it smells really good...
4. A pack of multi-colored Sharpie pens

How I love Target...

4 comments:

Jeff said...

i like that brand of candles a lot, the vanilla amber scent is my favorite. i also like your target, in liberty, because not only can i browse the candles, stationary, office goods, home decor and mens section...i can also browse THE FOOD SECTION. i love super target.

i have a feeling that having a "super target," "a small coffee shop," and "chipotle" in a 3 mile radius of my home will dictate where i live next. amen?

no worries, target is glorious. so we shall celebrate.

Valeria said...

it's the small things in life right? we're a target-loving family here as well. example: mom asked me the other day if jonathan has looked into a marketing job at target - "they're such a great company and you could probably get a great discount!" - "such a great company" really means "we shop there. a lot." :) and, like jeff, part of the thought that went into where mom wanted us to move next depended on the vicinity of a super target ;)

Anthony P said...

I got a shout out on the AbBlog! Woot Woot! Hope you get the magazine soon!

Holly said...

I feel the exact same way about Target. It's so wonderful.