Sunday, May 30, 2010

Magazines.

I love reading magazines. Something about them is so frivolous and fun (that's probably because I don't read anything deep like Time, or the New Yorker, or anything like that.) I love looking at the pictures and reading about how lavender is the fingernail polish color of the season, and taking quizzes on what color fits my decorating mood and shamefully enjoying snippets about what Justin Timberlake's drink of choice is. All totally unnecessary information... but sometimes it's just fun to read.

My friend Mary and I play this game when we're together and I happen to be reading a magazine (which happens more than you'd think.) I take a page of outfits, we both look at it and in our heads decide which is our favorite and which we think the other's favorite is and then compare out loud to see if we know each other's style. Such a silly game but it's one of my favorite things to do involving magazines.
(My favorite on this page! Go
figure... it's kind of mustard. )

Another thing I love about magazines is that there are times when their presence seems so natural. At a nail salon (it's a given that while you're getting a pedi, you're reading the most recent issue of some fashion magazine, actually it's probably more common that it's NOT the most recent issue). On a plane (and I'm not talking about Sky Mall, purchased at the airport then read on the plane.) And for me it's when I make a small purchase at a grocery store and feel like I can afford the spending little extra money for a magazine. I love those days.

Anyway, getting a new magazine, whether in the mail (which I didn't even mention, but I also love; what a great day when you open the mailbox and see the most recent issue of Real Simple!) or in the check out line at a grocery store... is one of those little things that I really love.

1 comment:

Valeria said...

hip hip hurray for people who love magazines:)

makes my heart happy & gives me hope for a job! haha. love your love for magazines, my dear.