Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fountains!

I love fountains. It comes with the territory, I guess. Recently I read an article in the New York Times travel section about Kansas City and it said that we have more fountains than any city in the world (ok, so we're second to Rome, but still...) I guess I like them so much because they combine water, light, and creativity. And they are a symbol of my favorite city... so why wouldn't I love them.

One of my favorite fountains in Kansas City is the fountain outside of Crown Center. When I was little, my mom would always take my brothers there to meet my dad, who worked for Hallmark at the time, for lunch we always ran through the fountain afterward. Wonderful memories... I went with my friend Jessie last night to the fountain to take some pictures of it. We had a great time! Here are a few...

1 comment:

Jenni said...

awww how fun!!! I love his fountain too :) We atye dinner at the american restraunt overlooking it last year and it was amazing!
PS-I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a beautiful carafe!