Sunday, May 2, 2010

Family Birthday Parties!

I know I talk about my family a lot. I've blogged about them specifically, and I include them in many of the posts I write. I love them. A lot. One of the many things I love about them is our monthly birthday celebrations. I was literally looking forward to it all week. Because I was so excited about it I thought it deserved its own post. So here it is: "Family Birthday Parties!" I love them. :)

We gather, eat a good meal (and always TOO MUCH of a good meal, I often leave sick from overeating...), talk about life, open presents, laugh, eat cake and ice cream, hug, and play games. Normally the guys play Hearts and the girls play Nertz or Hand and Foot. I love that tradition. We do the same thing every time, and we gather about once a month, but it is equally as fun every time.

This month we celebrated my cousin Julie, brother Joel, and cousin Chris's birthdays. It was great... I'm so stinkin' lucky to have the family that I do, it's not even funny. :)
(Fun in the backyard.)
(Ladder ball!)
(Opening presents, tomatoes?)
(Cousin love!)

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

I love this post because I love our family. You are a special part of it.

Jessie said...

I was showing Liam the pics of your fam and he wouldn't believe me that it wasn't a picture of your mom but your aunt.