Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Oven Light.

I've got to say, one of my favorite inventions (after, you know, electricity, the internet, the cell phone, the iPod.... and a few other things) is the oven light! I can't bake without it. Sometimes I'll wait a few minutes to turn it on and get all anxious until I can't bare it any longer and have to turn it on to see how my precious baked goods are doing. The days where the light comes on and they look like crap: cookies are flatter than they should be, cupcakes are overflowing, etc.... I resent the oven light. But days like today, where my cupcakes are rounding out perfectly (no thanks to me, don't tell anyone, but I used a cake mix), I turn it on, and a big smile comes to my face. It brings me peace (in my shallow, the only thing that matters is baking, world that I allow myself to live in for a couple hours every couple days.) Today, I love the oven light.

(Here's the finished product, in case you were curious. I had some leftover frosting from the graduation cakes, hence the teal.)

4 comments:

Ladell said...

That's what I love about my Abby girl...she finds great joy in the "little things" of life. Who would have imagined an oven light bringing such happiness to someone?? Only Abby!!

Austin Sunderman said...

Don't think I have ever used an over light. Maybe that is my problem with baking. Keep up the good work Ms. Abby.

Anonymous said...

ooooh! well done!

Jessie said...

My oven light is out and it has been bugging me ever since, but not enough to hunt down a new bulb.