Monday, May 10, 2010

City Market!

I was lucky enough to have a few more bakery orders this week (that makes like 6 or something! Yeehaw!) and I had to drop off one of the orders at the City Market (so apparently it's technically called "Kansas City River Market," but I've never called it that so I'm not going to start now.) I've been wanting to go to the market for a while so I invited two of my favorite people: my mom and my friend Jessie, and we made a morning of it!

As you know, I love anything special to Kansas City. I loved being at the market. I loved seeing all the vendors selling things from dream catchers to potted plants to mangos to curry powder. We bought some fruit and vegetables and I just love the idea of buying fresh, local produce! I also bought some prints of paintings of Kansas City done by an incredibly friendly, talkative :) local artist.
It was a beautiful morning, we purchased some beautiful food (yes, I think food is beautiful), ate a tasty lunch, and enjoyed each other's company. We ended the outing perfectly with my driving and getting us kind of lost. BUT, I think we all enjoyed the sight seeing of downtown KC during the detour. So it turned out great...

No comments: