Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunday Nights Watch Parties!

I'm not going to lie, I really can't think a better way of ending each weekend than having a watch party with my parents to watch the Amazing Race on Sunday Nights. I know this show has been on forever, but it has become a new thing with my family. We started watching last season because some guys, Dan and Sam, that I graduated high school with were on the show. It was fun because I got to watch guys that I knew be on TV, but really... they screamed at each other more than they said nice things so I was eager to cheer for someone else...

This season has been so much fun to watch! I am rooting for more people on the show than I'm rooting against. I like pretty much everyone... except for "the lesbians" which had nothing to do with their sexual orientation and everything to do with the fact that they were mean, and Brent & Caite who are also mean.) My favorites are Jet and Cord, the cowboy brothers who are humbly good at everything, never fight, and have some of the best Southern catchphrases around. I also really like Dan and Jordan, the straight/gay brother duo who love and support each other like few brothers can in high intensity situations like the race.

Anyway... I love this show. I love the combination of competition, team work/relationships, and traveling. And I love watching it with my parents. Next week is the season finale and after that I will for sure will be feeling a void on Sunday nights around 7:00.... What shall I fill it with?

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Dave and I watch The Amazing Race, too. We love it! We also love the Oklahoma cowboys, Jet and Cord, for many of the same reasons you do. I would add one more quality to the reasons list: their language is 99% profanity-free. I like that! Next Sunday maybe we should have a finale watch party together?!?