Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Family

So on Easter, just like with every holiday, special occasion, sports game, etc... my family got together to celebrate. Our Easter traditions include getting together, having lunch, having an Easter egg hunt, and celebrating Joel and Julie's birthdays. This year, for the first time ever, we had to do the hunt inside because of the weather... but we did it! And that's all that matters...

Anyway, I was downstairs waiting for the hunt to start so I just laid on the couch to relax (you know, to get myself prepared for the intense egg finding ahead) and I started listening to all of my family upstairs. I could only hear the murmurs of various conversations but I was overwhelmed with how much love there was. (Cheesey, I know... just get used to it, this post will be filled with cheese.) Everyone was talking about their lives and asking about how everyone else was doing... genuinely caring. We just really love each other... We're so lucky (aka blessed).

Whenever someone says, "Take a second and think about what you are thankful for," every time my family is the first thing that comes to mind. I'm so incredibly blessed to have a mom who's my best friend, incredible relationships with all of my cousins, support from all my aunts and uncles.... They are some of the coolest people in the world. Because this blog is entitled, "Noticed My Heart" I thought it was about time that I talked about the people that have my heart the most...

2 comments:

colleen marie. said...

LOVE this. love you :)

Georgie said...

I l o v e C H E E S E !!!!