Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baking.

Ok, so I know that I talk about baking a lot. It's my new found love and I just can't seem to get enough. It's my job; I think it kind of uncommon that I would start to love something after doing it professionally... but I do! Here are a few things that I love about baking:

-Everything that I have learned about baking has been passed down from someone, mostly my mom. I know that all knowledge is passed down from someone, but it's just a cool thought to me. The other day I was greasing a pan to make a cake and I don't know exactly when but sometime in my life my mom taught me how to do that. I can just picture a fun mother-daughter moment, my mom saying/showing, "Here's how you do this..." That's cool to me!
-Baked goods make people happy. How often do you make some cookies, or a pie, or some muffins and people are disgusted and ask you to take them back? Never. Well, unless people are on a diet and then they are just jealous that they can't eat as much as they'd like to eat.
-You bake for special occasions, celebrations, or just for the fun of it. I love baking cakes for birthdays or anything for anyone really. It's fun to think of the person and what they like and make something in honor of them or something they've done.

Ok, so this is silly... I'm blogging about why baking is fun to me. All these thoughts were just running through my head the other night as Valeria and I made a birthday cake for my friend Jonathan so I thought I'd write them down. Baking is special. It's a different way to love people... I just think that's cool.

No comments: