Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cardigans

I remember in the movie Never Been Kissed when Drew Barrymore's character gets caught secretly talking on the phone by her friends and to cover it up she says she was just checking out the nearby cardigan and the whole group ends up getting one each in a different color. I didn't even know what a cardigan was then, but this past year I have fell in love...

A long time ago I signed up for In Style's "Look of the Day," so I get e-mails daily of the great (actually most of the time it really isn't that great at all) fashion of celebrity women. Yesterday I received this picture of Julia Roberts and was reminded of how much I love cardigans.

I would say a typical Abby Thomason outfit would be (not really anymore because it is getting nicer outside...) jeans, my Sperry's, a t-shirt/solid colored shirt, a scarf, and a cardigan. It takes the place in my wardrobe of what used to be the zip-up hoodie. I mean, really a cardigan is a zip-up hoodie without the zipper or hood so I haven't come that far... but still.

Here are a couple others that I really like:


Left from Gap (V has this and I love it), right from Anthropologie

1 comment:

Sarah Nabholz said...

I have to say that I have always been a little jealous of your (and V's) cardigan collections. They make you both look so put together, and you're able to mix your outfits up so that I never notice you wearing the same ones very often. Basically you're amazing and I love the Abby outfit (and the Abby IN the outfit).

Peace.