Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I caved...

So there seems to be a trend in my life. A new technology fad comes along and I resist it for a while. I think that either it's too cool for me or I'm too cool for it. It happened with Facebook in high school. I resisted for a while... then a couple of weeks before I left for college, I caved and got one. Then it happened with blogging. I was sure I would never blog because I thought (and kind of continue to think) that no one really cares what I have to say. But once again, I caved, and here I am.

Now there's Twitter. Actually, I think the first time I heard about it was from my dad before it was popular and I thought it was strange. (Way to call it, Daddy!) Then slowly I heard more about it. My brother Joel has one, my cousin Anthony has one, Kanye West has one. I thought, "It's a glorified Facebook status. What's the big deal?"

Last night I caved, yet again. I got a Twitter. I'm so new to this that I don't even know if that's the correct terminology. "I got a Twitter." I don't know... Anyway. Twitter.com/abbythomason. That's me. We'll see if I enjoy this technology fad as much as I do the rest. Likely so...

2 comments:

Anthony P said...

Your brother is a twitter nerd or as I like to call it, a twerd. :) just came up with that one.
I still haven't figured it out. I just use it to mainly update my facebook status. But welcome!

Ladell T said...

Your Dad...on the cutting edge of technology!! Here's some more technology to check out: TweetDeck(multiple twitters visible at once on PC) and Twitpic(send images on Twitter).