Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shuttlecocks


My friend Mary is leaving for the Navy in a few weeks so she is trying to get all of these Kansas City things seen and done before she leaves. As you know, I love Kansas City, so I was more than willing to join her as she did some.

Thursday we went to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. We didn't stay for long because museums, in my opinion, are only good in small doses. We looked at the Egypt exhibit for her and the Contemporary Art and Photography exhibits for me. But before we actually toured the museum we ventured outside...

We went out to take pictures with the shuttlecocks. Mary had never done that, so we for sure had to do it before she left. I was the photographer and told her to lean up against it to get a funny shot. I took a few and then she took a few of me hugging it. Then all of a sudden we hear a voice coming from a nearby tree that says in a stern voice, "Please stop touching the statue. You are allowed to take pictures but no touching so please stop." We looked at each other and jokingly put our hands up like we had just been caught by the cops and then walked away. Funny stuff...

(I've been slacking on blogging lately... this week should be much better.)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

If you aren't supposed to touch them, you'd think there would be a sign. You gotta wonder what touching them is going to do...they are outside after all, braving the elements.