Thursday, April 30, 2009

Curly Hair Song

So I've been thinking about my curly hair a lot lately. I haven't had my hair cut in about 5 months so it's kind of at an awkward length and I've been straightening it a lot lately (fyi above is pre-haircut). One day as I was straightening it I said to Sarah, "So I kind of feel bad for straightening my hair so much." Sarah asked if it was because the straightener damages it and I said, "No, not really... I just feel like I'm betraying my curly hair." Sarah laughed at me and told me that she thought my curly hair would understand. But I still feel bad...

A few years ago I thought about writing a song about my curly hair and how it kind of symbolizes the real me. A little crazy, unruly at times, unique, "spunky"... My curly hair is how God made me. Now that I think about it I have no idea how that could be a cohesive/decent song at all, but I used to that think it would be...

Anyway, I wore my hair curly today. I'm not writing this post to say, "Hey look at me and my gorgeous curly hair" (because generally it is far from gorgeous.) I'm just saying this is something about me that I'm thankful for because it makes me me....

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Curly haired girls rock!

Dad said...

You got from the Thomason side...Grandma would be proud!!

Sarah Nabholz said...

I love you, and your curly hair!