Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Benches.

Columbia, MO
So I can't really believe that I haven't blogged about this yet. I literally went back and checked all of my old posts to make sure I hadn't already done it, because I was so surprised. I'm pretty sure I haven't, so today is the day. Today is the day that I finally blog about my love for benches.

I love benches. I love taking pictures of benches just about as much as I love benches. What I love about them is that they are saying, "Stop and rest. Take a look around. Enjoy what is surrounding you." They just symbolize stopping and appreciating things and I like that.

Here are a few pictures of some benches that I have seen. I think I just decided that this summer (because I will be living there!!), I want to go around and take pictures of the different benches all over Kansas City. Maybe I'll make a calendar: "The Benches of Kansas City." I think I like it.
Anna Maria Island, Florida
Not sure, but it's in Kansas ,I think
(Family, what is the park with the stepping stones?)

7 comments:

Joel said...

Did you take these pictures? They're really good.

abby! said...

I did! Thank you! That means a lot coming from you, because you're so talented...

Anonymous said...

Great shots..they park is Antioch

Anonymous said...

I love them all, but I especially love the 1st one! I would totally buy your calendar :)

Anthony P said...

Never thought about benches like that before. But I love it. And now I too love benches. Also because a bench means I can sit down instead of being up on my feet, most likely walking or running. And who wants to do that sort of thing? :) Good pics too! You are pretty cool. Just making sure you knew that.

Georgie said...

You create the calendar and I'll print you one! Love you

abby! said...

Deal!