Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Let's roll, windows down..."

One of my favorite things to do when the weather is nice (or anytime, really...) is drive with the windows down and music up. After my long trip back to Columbia today, I finally exited the interstate and I rolled the windows down to be greeted by a moment of bliss caused by some great music (I was listening to Leeland's "Reaching" at the time) and wind in my hair.

I took the above picture to try to show the bliss, but it just didn't convey it... at all. So instead, I turn to one of my favorite Matt Wertz songs "Everything's Right." This is one of my favorite songs of all time because he is one of my favorite artists and he sings about one of my favorite things. Perfection. Anyway, here are the lyrics that I like, and below is a video of him singing the song. Enjoy!
"Windows down as the night blows in
Tap the beat on the wheel as the tires spin
Until we're there crank the radio
We'll join in with the songs we know

Hey, everything's right, said everything's right tonight..."

1 comment:

Valeria said...

i love moments of bliss and attempting to capture them :)