Friday, November 26, 2010

Stuck in a rut.

Such a lame, lame post to follow Thanksgiving, but it's the little things that keeps this blog going, so bear with me. One of my guilty/mindless/high maintenance pleasures is painting my nails. I do it probably 2 or 3 times a week so I can avoid biting my nails. About day 3 I start picking at my fingernail polish and biting my nails, so I repaint them and the cycle starts all over again.

I have a recent obsession with OPI nail polish. Once you go OPI, you don't go back. So when I'm feeling shameless, I hop on over to Beauty Brands and buy a new shade. Well, I was looking at my collection of fingernail polish the other day and I thought that I'm getting new, original shades that I don't have... but as you can see, I come home with pretty much the same color ever time. I need to stop biting my nails. I need to stop buying expensive nail polish. And I need to stop buying the same color of that expensive nail polish.

Chances are, none of those habits will be broken, so I better go paint my nails... because I just love it.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Do I spy "we'll always have Paris" ??? I have just recently became obsessed with opi.. I bought 6 bottles the other day: whoops. My aunt is a beautician though, so we got them for $4.25 a bottle - score! Currently sporting "Russian navy" ... Yay for guilty pleasures!

Valeria said...

i say... keep up the awesome color-picking! i love them all. send some my way if you need to free yourselves of them;)

Katie said...

ahahahaha "and somehow they end up all being the same color.." hilarious. what? abby thomason like a narrow range of colors? cough mustard and anything brown cough ;) also loved "but thats what keeps this blog going" aha you sound like a 60 year old woman at her wit's end. (did i use that phrase right? you know what i mean.)