Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Homemade.

I've been meaning to blog for the last week. I've had pictures and ideas in my head but just haven't made the time. Fact: I miss having the time to blog. Just because I'm not here and posting doesn't mean I don't want to be. Just saying...

In other news, Happy Thanksgiving! Today has been a wonderful day filled with: a delicious meal, a house packed full of 30 of my favorite people, lots of games, the strange Burrichter tradition of a piƱata, lots of sweets, a 3-hour nap... All around great day. I'm thankful, to say the least. I hope you're having just as lovely of a day.

I had thought I would blog about how I love making things homemade. One of my favorite things about baking is taking recipes from bloggers that I respect and trying to make it look like their masterpieces. This year I volunteered to make rolls from the Thanksgiving meal so I made Annie's Eats Honey Yeast Rolls recipe. We have a tradition (my family is big on traditions) that we have herb bread every year... it's hard to compete with a tradition but these rolls were still pretty great.

I guess I just have a lot of little things to say. In summation: 1. I miss blogging and I hope to pick up the pace in the near future. 2. Happy Thanksgiving!/I'm thankful... 3. I love making things homemade. The end.

1 comment:

Anthony P said...

Just FYI, your roles were way better than the herb bread. keep em coming.