Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Freedom!

I passed my second license test today! I now am an official holder (I don't think that's the word they use) of my Series 6 and Series 63 licenses. That means I can fake talking to you about your stocks and know how to avoid going to prison for sharing inside information (as if you need a license to figure that out.) I was feeling pretty good about my accomplishment until I just read my friend Jeff's blog where he documented the recent marathon he ran. I passed two tests... he ran 26.2 miles. I suppose we are both winners... he just deserves a bigger trophy.

Anyway, I enjoyed the challenge and the new knowledge but I'm glad for it to be over. I'm pretty stoked to be like the fortunate adults who get to leave work at work. So today, and hopefully from here on out, that's what I'm doing. Today has been a great day: I passed my test (and so did my friend and co-worker Christine!), I got paid for an extended lunch, I got let out 2 hours early, and now I'm home, lounging on my bed, drinking a Sonic Diet Coke, blogging, catching up on TV, and reading silly fashion magazines. Ahhh...

4 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

So proud of how you have faced this challenge....now let your evening and weekend Freedom begin. Remember you can still have your Baking business. I am also excited for more blog updates.

Love you

sarah said...

so glad you can now leave work at work! i've missed your (almost) daily blog posts!

Robbie Louth said...

can't get over how your room looks amazing even when its "messed up" lol.

Jeff said...

ah thank you! your room looks like kaldis.
yea, i said it. :)