Friday, November 19, 2010

Funny story...

I enjoy decorating cakes but to be honest, they kind of stress me out. I'm a perfectionist and it's just kind of hard to do amazing things with frosting as your medium and canvas. Well, tonight I decorated a cake and everything went so smoothly... Baking the cake went well. Frosting it went well. Decorating it went well. I even felt good about my writing. I kept thinking to myself, "Man, this is going so well. Maybe cake decorating isn't so bad."
I came up to blog about what a great day I've had and how a beautiful cake was the perfect way to top off a great day, week even. I was adding the pictures when I got this nagging feeling, "You need to check the name of the little girl and make sure it's right." (I don't know the family that I'm making it for. It was a connection through a friend...) So, I went to my e-mail, checked all the details that we had sent back and forth... And sure enough! I'd finished a lovely cake for a little girl named Ruth.

Their child's name is Ruby.

With the help of some leftover frosting (it's a miracle that I kept it, because I was contemplating throwing it out) and a toothpick, I, for the most part, remedied the situation and I'm still pretty happy with the end result. I keep picturing in my head this woman I don't know coming to my house, me handing her this cake that I'm really proud of and her saying, "Actually... my daugther's name is Ruby, not Ruth." How embarrassing would that have been?! Man, what a close call.
(My attempted remedy...)

4 comments:

Jessie said...

It is an amazing cake but just think, if you left it that way you could have been on cake wrecks! Oh yeah and my SIL wants you make one for my niece. You deliver, right? To France?

Valeria said...

That cake is out of this world. Great job Abby!

Aunt Cindy said...

Charlotte and I are so proud of the correction. I had something like that happen...I think we ate the cake and started all over.
This looks great! I will be glad to sponsor you in your business.

Jeff said...

bahahahaha, i love this.