Thursday, February 17, 2011

Have I mentioned...?

Have I mentioned that I'm in a band and we're kind of recording an album this weekend? Well, I am. Remember forever ago when I told you that long ridiculous story about how I love to sing? Well, I'm still doing it, singing, that is. I joined my friend Rob about a year ago to start working on his music. Since then we've had two mini concerts and added another guitarist, a bass player, and a drummer. Some friends of ours donated some money to the cause and we are officially going into a studio Friday through Monday of this weekend and Friday through Monday of next weekend. Pretty crazy, eh?

The studio is called Chapman Recording and Mastering and it's here in Kansas City, which is nice. From the pictures it looks pretty legit though. I'm pretty stoked! Here's a link to their site (we will be in Studio A), just in case you're a loser like me and get excited about those kinds of things. So anyway, if you don't here from me in a few days... you'll know why. I'll be recording. :) (cue me giggling here because I'm so giddy and blown away that we're doing this that that's all I do. Giggling and lots of, "It's just ridiculous"s are thrown around when talking about this.) And if you're the praying type, prayer would be appreciated. We could use all the prayer we can get! Tomorrow's the day.

3 comments:

Valeria said...

So so pumped to hear a) stories about the process & b) THE END RESULTS!! Have fun dear, and giggle all you want! :)

Aunt Cindy said...

I have heard one song, "Rest", you did an awesome job. I love how you sing and enjoy yourself. It is good to see you blogging again. I miss you! I am also very PROUD!

MusicalSynopsis said...

That sounds great, I wish you luck with working towards better musical success. :-)