Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls.


There have been so many things I've wanted to blog about lately, but I have been busy… I know, I hate it when people talk about how busy they are. I hate it when I talk about how busy I am. But it's true… You might not be hearing much from me until like December 15. And then Christmas stuff will start. So I guess I'll just talk to you after the New Year. … Kidding, I'll do my best to post. Because I miss it. I truly do like to write. Who would have ever thought that? It's music to my college comp teacher's ears… Anyway…

I made some cinnamon rolls last night that were a hit with my small group. They are easy and delicious so I thought I'd give them their time to shine. (Shout out to my Momma who gave me the recipe. That lady knows what she's doing.) The secret ingredient? Bisquick. You use it as your base to make the cinnamon roll dough. Bisquick! Why complicate things if you don't have to?

Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls

4 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 1/2 cups milk
1 stick of butter, melted
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 heaping tablespoons of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Follow the directions for biscuits on the Bisquick box. (For a 9x13 pan, you double the recipe on the box which I have already done for you in the ingredients listed here.) Roll out the biscuit dough. Brush melted butter all over the surface. Mix together sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle over buttery surface. Roll up dough then slice in to individual rolls (this can make about 16). Space rolls out in 9x13 pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

After they come out of the oven, let them sit for a bit before icing them. Any icing recipe will do, but I doctored up Paula Deen's and it worked just fine.

Icing

4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons water

Whisk together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond. Gradually add water until icing reaches desired consistency. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls

And that's that!

1 comment:

Momma said...

Music to my ears.."Why complicate things when you don't have to?" Amen to that sister!