Thursday, November 21, 2013

Make Believe Thanksgiving Meal.


Thanksgiving is KIND of a big deal in my family. It's always at my parent's house and we celebrate with my mom's side of the family. This year we are having 33 people for Thanksgiving meal. We are a family of traditions. We do the same thing every year and it never gets old. (Seriously though… it doesn't.) It seems like the same people sign up for the same food every year and that's fine by me because the food is delicious every year. It seems like my Momma and aunt Kay take care of the turkey. Cindy (and Momma) work on the mashed potatoes. My cousin Sara is the herb bread queen… Everyone plays their part.

I don't really have a part in the Thanksgiving meal yet. I have signed up to bring food (cinnamon rolls and Chex Mix), but nothing for the most crucial meal of the weekend. And that's ok by me. I have been seeing lots of delicious looking recipes all over the place though… So what I decided to do was make a make believe Thanksgiving meal for you. If I had all the time, money, and energy in the world… I would make you this Thanksgiving meal. I hope you enjoy...

Iowa Girl Eats' Bake Brie Bites. Not that you need an appetizer on Thanksgiving, but if I were to serve one… this would be it.

Pioneer Woman's Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey. Confession… I don't like turkey like this. I have a tiny bit every year just to say I ate some. But this recipe looks pretty good… apple juice, brown sugar, garlic, butter… how could you go wrong?

Brown Eyed Baker's Sausage Cornbread Stuffing. Stuffing might be my favorite part of the meal. This is a different take on it but it sounds pretty good…

Skinnytaste's Slow Cooker Garlic Sweet Potato Mash. I'm not typically a big fan of Thanksgiving-style sweet potatoes but these look pretty ok. (And they're pretty healthy!)

Pioneer Woman's Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I've made these before and they're amazing… as long as you don't count the sticks of butter and cups of over unhealthy stuff you add to it.

Annie's Eats Multigrain Rolls. These looks interesting to me… and I've made other rolls of hers so I'm guessing these would be tasty.

Joy the Baker's (Dad's) Sweet Potato Pie. Confession: I'm not much of a pie person. So I would make this strange pie just because I want to try something new. And she raves about it so it's gotta be decent.

That's it for now… Just looking at these recipes and thinking about making all of them in one day makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. I am so thankful to be a part of a big family full of such wonderful cooks.

No comments: