Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Day in the Life of Abby Thomason.


One of the many blog posts suggestions that I read last week when I was struck with writer's block was to document your day with photos… So I did that today. I picked a weekday because well… it's normal. I wanted to give you a glimpse of what a typical day (for the most part) looks like for Abby Thomason. Don't get too excited now…

This is me at 6:00 am. Who would have ever thought that I, Abby Thomason, would prefer to go into work this early. (Sorry, some of the picture quality is kind of bad.)

Quiet time before work. I just started reading Jesus Calling and I'm a fan. Typical breakfast? Two pieces of whole wheat toast and a cup of coffee.

As if coffee weren't enough, I often stop by Sonic for a Diet Coke on my way in to work. Yes… I know this is a horrible habit and is bad for me. But I do it anyway. "Hi, can I have a Route 44 Diet Cherry Coke with easy ice, please?"

 This is what my walk in to work looked like this morning.

 This is my desk. Double screens… don't act like you're not impressed.

 I have a window seat and I love it. One of the downsides is that it makes my area really cold. So I have a heated blanket under my desk. Yep - it's true.

My job is to listen to phone calls so this is what I look like the majority of the day. You know when you call an 800 number and they say, "This call is being recorded for quality assurance." I'm that person listening to assure that quality. It's glamorous… I know.

This is my co-worker Brian. He's my bud at work.

He wanted me to post this picture, too. We have a good time...

This is the view from my window. Not bad, eh?

Counting down the minutes until I get to leave work. 4:25 on the dot.

 I went grocery shopping after work. I am a bit of an apple snob - I normally only buy honeycrisp. But they were $3.99/lb the last time I went to the store and that's just absurd. A friend of mine said that braeburns are a close second to honeycrisps. We shall see…

 I made mini Thai Chicken Pizzas for dinner. More on that some other day… It was delicious.

Every Tuesday night, I go to a small group with my church. Normally we would meet at someone's house and discuss life, God, the Word, etc… But tonight we went bowling. Good times.

 Then I came home and cleaned up the kitchen because I left it a bit of a mess when I went to go bowling. And there's Dietrich.

 Most nights the only down time I get is right before bed. So I'll often end the day with checking e-mail, catching up on Pinterest, watching a little Netflix/Hulu, etc. Tonight I am ending it blogging about my normal ol' day.

And that's that. Nothing exciting… but you caught a glimpse of the life that is mine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so fun! Loved it!

Aunt Cindy said...

I loved seeing your normal day...it looks like fun.

Paige High said...

love this Abs!!

Lois said...

Loved it, Abby. Why not put this in book form? I will be the first to buy it.