Monday, February 17, 2014

Things I Just Can't Handle


I don't have to work tomorrow which means I allowed myself to take a nap this afternoon. Sunday afternoon naps are the best. This one got away from me and lasted over 3 hours. Yes… 3 hours. So it's 1:27 am and I am wide awake. Therefore… I'm back with another post inspired by a stolen idea

9 Things I Just Can't Handle:

1. People clipping their nails in public. I don't like the sound of it. I don't like the idea of it. I don't understand why they can't do it in the privacy of their own home. There are a few people who do this at work that are in the close vicinity of my desk. This is a problem.

2. Lukewarm showers. This is a first world problem for sure. But I like a hot shower. And lately our shower hasn't been as hot as preferred. Before you go and tell me to mess around with my hot water heater… I already did. And when I turned it up, it got colder. So I turned it down, and it got lukewarm again. I think I'd almost rather not shower at all than take a lukewarm shower. At least a cold shower isn't pretending to be something it's not. Am I right or am I right?

3. Nuts in baked goods. I'd be ok if nuts ceased to exist. Ok, I really love peanut butter and I suppose that would have to disappear if peanuts disappeared. But I could do without nuts. I especially could do without nuts in baked goods. For some reason it seems like grandmas really like to add nuts to baked goods. I don't know if it's in the handbook or what. I vow not to be that grandma. I vow to leave nuts out of baked goods… forever.

4. The DMV. I bought a new car the other day. (Oh my gosh - I can't believe I am just now telling you this! I bought a car. It's a 2008 black Toyota Rav 4 and I think I'm in love…) Since buying the new car I have this dread in the back of my head about going to the DMV to get new tags. Why is it so unorganized? Why hasn't the government figured it out yet? Why?

5. Burning your fingers with hot glue. I made a couple of spring wreathes tonight (more to come on that) and I burnt myself 3 or 4 times on hot glue. It hurts so bad. I already have a couple of blisters.

6. Turns out I can only think of 5 things right now… So that's good. I'd rather this list be shorter than longer.

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

I could add a few....people chewing ice and flossing in your proximity.