Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Writer's Block.


I've really been wanting to blog lately, but not a lot has been going on… This is actually a good thing. Life has been pretty busy the past few… months (or years...) - so to take a little breather is nice. But I'm a person who does things. There is a reason why I'm busy. I make it so. But I'm learning that it's important to slow down… Which is what I'm currently doing. And it feels… slow.

Moving on from the tangent of my "busy-ness" issues. I don't have much to blog about. I could tell you about these awesome cookies that I baked last week. Or the Thai Peanut Pasta that I made for the 3rd time and it's still good. But sometimes I wonder if you actually want to hear about that stuff.

So what did I do? I googled it. Googling seems to be the solution to most of my problems. (Ok, that's just not true. For example, what would happen if I searched "how to find a husband…" Can you imagine? Don't do it. I'm not gonna.) I googled "things to blog about". I came across: Sweet ideas: 50 things to blog about,  101 Blog Post Ideas That Will Make Your Blog "HOT", 100 Blog Topics For You!,  101 Fabulous Blog Topic Ideas… the list goes on. So it looks like I'm set to blog for at least the next 352 days and it will be sweet, HOT, and fabulous.

Writers do this, right? They have to find inspiration somewhere… Is this cheating? Maybe so. But I might become a broken record if I don't lean on some other ideas. "Hey, I like baking! Hey, I like trees. Hey, I like warm weather. Hey, I like to travel. Hey, life is busy. Hey, life is slow again. Hey, I want to be married. Hey, I baked a cheesecake. Hey, I made something pretty…" We could use some variety. So look forward to some different posts.

Let's do this...

2 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

So how was The Great Divorce? How did you enjoy the super bowl party you went to? Dave and I thought the commercials were just so-so. What did you think? Are you staying in a hotel tonight due to the snow storm? Love you!!!

Valeria said...

Miss you Abigail! I think a trip to St. Louis in March would give you SO MUCH to write about ;)