Friday, December 9, 2016

Gratitude.



I will admit that I have a hard time spending consistent time with the Lord. One thing that I have found that helps is putting myself on some kind of plan or devotional to point me in a direction of study and get me in different sections of the Bible than I would gravitate to on my own. Right before Thanksgiving I started reading a study from She Reads Truth called “Psalms of Gratitude.” As I mentioned – I struggle with consistency so I didn’t quite finish before Thanksgiving but I’m still plugging through. (I also am reading their Advent study which is really good!)

Anyway, one day they had us read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” They said, “Gratitude is not just an emotion. Rejoicing is not a passive pursuit. The Bible instructs us to declare God’s goodness in every circumstance! We are to pray, seek, and give thanks with an expectant, joyful heart. This is God’s will for us.” Then they gave a list of things to reflect on and be actively thankful. I thought the list was super helpful and good to think on so I thought I’d share it with you. So here it is!

I will give thanks in…

1.       This joyful thing:
2.       This suffering:
3.       This certainty:
4.       This stress:
5.       This injustice:
6.       This sorrow:
7.       This plenty:
8.       This want:
9.       This wandering:
10.   This waiting:

Hope this list is a beneficial for you as it was for me. God is good and he deserves our active thanks!

No comments: