Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BAK.

(Lane County, Kansas by Joel Thomason)
Something that has kept me smiling all week? My brother Joel's pictures that he's been taking while biking across Kansas. I know when a lot of you think about biking across the state of Kansas things like tarantulas, and nails scraping against a chalk board (ugh, that gives me shivers just thinking about it), and waterboarding come to mind. But to my family and myself (and whole bunch of other people because quite a few come out to do it every year) it sounds splendid.

My uncle Dave has participated in the Biking Across Kansas event the past few years and this year my brother Joel decided to join him. Joel's pictures taken from his iPhone are quite great. I've been looking forward to his tweets and the photos of the seemingly normal yet beautiful portraits of Kansas life that he's being taking as he travels across the great state. Here are a few of my favorites so far:
(McPherson, Kansas by Joel)
(The Colorado Border by Joel)
(Cotton Wood Falls, Kansas by Joel)

No comments: