Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pennants.

Do you ever just wake up and think, "Today is going to be a great day..."? Hopefully that happens more often than not, but today was one of those days where I just woke up and was overwhelmed with that thought... My cousin Dana stopped by to say hey on her way out of town, I wore a dress to work (and let's be real, everyone always feels better about themselves when they wear a dress, well, at least the female population, ok, maybe not even the whole female population, but I do...), I listened to some good music on the way to work (I've had the album for months and I still can't get enough of Andrew Belle), the sun is out, a three day weekend is approaching... Life is good.

I've been in a funk the last couple weeks, maybe even months. I think the fog is finally clearing, God is teaching me things, and I'm finally getting my head back on straight. It's funny how you are oblivious to the little things when you are in a funk, but once it's gone, they all pop out of nowhere! Today's little thing that I've noticed that I love is: pennants. (What? Did she say pennants?) Yes, pennants. I'm loving their use in decorating these days. Ok, maybe they're not that popular to everyone, but I like them... So, Happy Thursday! And Happy "Hey, pennants are cool!" day! Here are some pictures to convince you of their coolness... (The above picture is an abstract pennant picture from Etsy.)

Here's a picture from a wedding featured in Design*Sponge. There were lots of pretty uses of pennants in weddings on Style Me Pretty but their pictures don't transfer onto my blog quite as well.
This artist from Etsy painted these. I may or may not have copied her idea to paint something... More to come on that soon.
This before and after from Design*Sponge incorporated pennants and I liked it.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Maybe we should incorporate pennants into the new room for the boys. Just sayin'

Valeria said...

LOVE the pennants. They're so simple, whimsical and summery. Can't wait to see what you were inspired to create :)