Friday, June 24, 2011

Reality TV.

I'm a sucker for reality TV. I think I used to be in denial and say that I didn't really like it, but when you look at all of the shows that I DVR, 95% of them are in the reality television category. (Ok, not really 95%, I made that statistic up, because I share a DVR with 3 other people and only record two shows, so I guess you could say 50%. Anyway...) I think I like that it's real people, well, more real than an actual written character. I like the way the shows are shot different than a normal TV. And I like how the bulk of reality TV (well, at least the reality TV that I watch) is showcasing some kind of skill.

What reality TV shows do I enjoy, you ask? Well, I bet you didn't really ask but I'll tell you anyway...

-So You Think You Can Dance (currently watching)
-The Next Food Network Star (currently watching)
-American Idol
-Survivor
-Top Chef (and Top Chef: Just Desserts)
-Project Runway
-Ace of Cakes
-America's Next Top Model (don't really watch that anymore, but I'm not going to lie that when I see a marathon on, I may or may not flip to the channel...)

Anyway, just thought I'd give a shout out to one of my guilty pleasures: reality TV. Happy Friday!

No comments: